Cathy and Todd discuss taking responsibility without blaming ourselves for everything that happens. They discuss how certain self-help books, groups, and cults have the power to convince people that they are “at cause” for everything that happens, negating how outside influences also play a role in eventual outcomes. They discuss the difference between reaction and response, why emotions like anger and envy can be helpful, and of course, Taylor Swift’s new album, Midnights.
Connect with us!
- Subscribe to Cathy’s weekly Zen Parenting Moment
- Buy Cathy’s Book Zen Parenting: Caring for Ourselves and Our Children in an Unpredictable World
- Join Team Zen
- Find everything ZPR on our Resources Page
This week’s sponsor(s):
- Pinna is the only audio on-demand streaming service for kids 3-12! Enter the coupon code “ZPR” for one year of Pinna for 50% off
- Avid Co DuPage County Area Decorating, Painting, Remodeling by Avid Co includes kitchens, basements, bathrooms, flooring, tiling, fire and flood restoration.
- MenLiving – A virtual and in-person community of guys connecting deeply and living fully. No requirements, no creeds, no gurus, no judgements
- Todd Adams Life & Leadership Coaching for Guys