- We are creating an “Support” Micro-community. It’ll be a group that will more deeply support one another especially on the days when you feel like pulling your hair out by getting on a zoom call ASAP. No commitment- get on when you can. Email me @ email@example.com to find out more. We’ll probably need at least 15 members before formally creating the community.
- Zen Talk # 83 is in the books. Click here to catch the video, or listen on the podcast app from your phone.
- Zen Talk #84 will be Tuesday, April 14th @ 12:00 Central The link to all future zen talks will be this link– please save it somewhere so it’ll be easier for you to access. https://zoom.us/j/853203000
- If you have any friends that you think might be a good fit for the Team- have them sign up for 1 free month by using the coupon code “friend” and I’ll send you something out of our zen store– just let me know what you want. Just shoot me an email after they have joined the Team.
- To see future Zen Talks you can go either go to the events page on the Team Zen Facebook page, or go to https://zenparentingradio.com/what-we-do/events/
- Don’t forget to the get on the Team Zen facebook page (if so inclined)- wonderful questions/answers/resources/inspirations. Don’t be afraid to chime in to support another Team Member who is looking for some support.
- If you have any ideas for Cathy and I do improve your overall Team Zen experience, please let me know.
Keep on truckin’!!!
Discussion & Time Stamps
0:00 Team Zen Updates- Support Micro-Community
7:52 Kristen- I’m noticing more eating and drinking since Covid.
24:52 Cathy’s OREO’s habits
27:43 Malini- My oldest son gets away with more stuff, and my younger sons are asking why
51:48 Do I say I’m doing well when the people I’m with are not doing well
12:07:44 From Todd Adams : who has a question?
12:07:50 From Kristen : I have a question.
12:09:30 From Tina : Good news – happy anniversary Cathy & Todd!
12:10:27 From Kristen : Pismo beach in CA
12:10:35 From Emily Chang : I think it might be Pismo Beach California
12:11:41 From SHAUN EMERSON : invitation
12:14:53 From jacqueline : I am right there with you Kristen! It’s a contact back and forth in my mind, trying to find the right balance for the moment 🙂
12:15:11 From jacqueline : Not contact – constant
12:16:25 From jacqueline : Is it possible we’re more hungry because of the extra work we’re doing in our mind? Like, legitimately burning more calories from the stress of it all?
12:20:07 From Todd Adams : who is next?
12:21:12 From Emily Chang : drinking for sure
12:21:28 From Emily Chang : and more snacks and sweets
12:22:52 From Emily Chang : but I’m taking Todd’s advice on more water as well 💪
12:28:06 From SHAUN EMERSON to Todd Adams(Privately) : gotta fly!
12:30:07 From Emily Chang : Emma only eats the cream filling 😂
12:31:25 From Malini DiClemente to Todd Adams(Privately) : I have a question…about sibling fairness?
12:31:33 From jacqueline : Matt gets to hear my crunching 😛
12:32:55 From Todd Adams : who wants to go after Malini? question? need support? etc.
12:34:51 From Tina : I like telling my kids fair doesn’t always mean equal
12:35:45 From jacqueline : I’ve heard a saying before that goes, “it doesn’t have to be “fair”, but everyone gets what they need”
12:37:17 From Todd Adams to Edwina Cowell(Privately) : great to see you on Edwina!!!
12:37:41 From jacqueline : We need to have conviction in our decisions (hard at times)
12:38:31 From Anita Fudalewski : Sounds like my daughter
12:41:25 From Tina : Amen Cathy! And that leads to growing their executive functioning.
12:43:30 From Tina : I had to explain to my 16 & 19 yr olds that playing extended family bingo via zoom on sunday was a gift they can give the family
12:43:50 From Tina : They came around 🙂
12:49:19 From jacqueline : Well said Cathy!
12:49:39 From Anita Fudalewski : Hearing about others is helpful ☺️
12:51:32 From Malini DiClemente to Todd Adams(Privately) : I am enjoying this time too… I never got it when my boys were littles because I had to work at some capacity.
12:51:53 From Kristen : I am enjoying the more time with family I just miss my alone time away from the home.
12:53:26 From Edwina Cowell : My 21 year old and I are totally bonding and en-JOY-ing each other.
12:53:32 From Tina : Have to run, bye friends 🙂
12:55:27 From Edwina Cowell to Todd Adams(Privately) : happy to be here.. trying to find time to make these!!!
12:55:43 From Dawnelda : I have a question.
12:57:58 From Malini DiClemente : I have just been saying I am doing OK, and then nothing else really.
12:59:28 From Malini DiClemente : Gotta make lunch and walk the puppers! Thanks for the talk! Stay healthy everyone!!!
12:59:43 From Edwina Cowell : Find the silver lining is ok. We can talk about how we are grateful for the good things that are coming out of it.
13:00:27 From Edwina Cowell : Love that!!!! Don’t Dim Your light!
13:00:46 From Edwina Cowell : GTG… Be well!
13:01:45 From Emily Chang : Yass! Love this talk! thank you all! ❤️❤️