- Please join me in the Monday morning (6:30 AM Central) Virtual Meditation- led by Team Member Shaun Emerson. Open to everybody. For more details click here
- We have a new way of connecting our team together. Please check out this video to see what the new updates are
- If you have any friends that you think might be a good fit for the Team- have them sign up for 1 free month by using the coupon code “friend”
- Have you subscribed to Pop Culturing? If not, it’d be a lot cooler if you did 🙂
- I’m facilitating a Tribe Men’s Group Virtual Meeting every Wednesday @ 7:30. Please forward this link to any guys who may be interested. https://tribemensgroup.org/events/ Or email me back for more info.
- Zen Talk # 96 is in the books. Click here to catch the video, or listen on the podcast app from your phone.
- Zen Talk #97 will be Friday, July 17th @ 12:00 Central. The link to all future zen talks will be this link– please save it somewhere so it’ll be easier for you to access. https://zoom.us/j/853203000
- To see future Zen Talks you can go either go to the events page on the Team Zen Facebook page, or go to https://zenparentingradio.com/what-we-do/events/
- Don’t forget to the get on the Team Zen facebook page (if so inclined)- wonderful questions/answers/resources/inspirations. Don’t be afraid to chime in to support another Team Member who is looking for some support.
- If you have any ideas for Cathy and I do improve your overall Team Zen experience, please let me know.
Keep on truckin’!!!
Discussion & Time Stamps
5:31 I’m supporting my friend through marriage issues and now she says she doesn’t want my help.
27:00 My husband and I are not parenting from the same place.
45:13 Need help with the teen/tween years
12:08:57 From Peggy Jividen : The wisdom from this group is amazing but thanks, Helen.
12:10:49 From Cathy Adams : who wants to go after helen?
12:11:25 From Jackie : I have a question.
12:11:38 From Nancy Schmidt : I have a question as well 🙂
12:30:39 From Peggy Jividen : ❤️ Helen.
12:39:06 From Helen Chisholm : I think it is warrior energy that you need too
12:45:22 From Millie Hsi : Sending you love and support, Jackie. I also have a husband who grew up in an authoritarian household. And I see how that affects his parenting style. Thankfully he has grown and learned about how his family of origin’s parenting has affected his personal parenting style. It also has help inform my understanding of where he comes from. It’s still hard to witness when he uses authoritarian ways. But I can now understand that it’s deeply rooted and for any of us, it’s hard to change.
12:46:54 From Millie Hsi : I definitely think that sharing with him how his words affect YOUR feelings is really important. He cannot deny how you feel.
12:47:09 From Joe Locey : We have got to break these patterns! If he can be open to resources, there are many out there. Men need to know that it not just about them, but also for their kids and partners!
12:49:48 From Joe Locey : Todd, I’d love to have a conversation about bringing about ‘the shift’ sometime
12:50:53 From Cathy Adams to Joe Locey(Privately) : sure- shoot me an email and let’s have a talk…
12:59:56 From Jackie : I don’t know if this aligns with your parenting, but I’m thinking of Kim John Payne’s book Soul of Discipline, where he talks about being the “gardener” with tweens…reflecting a cultivating of making good choices. Through listening and watching, gardener gages the garden’s needs. He goes on to talk about parents as “guides” during the teen years.