- We have a new way of connecting our team together. Please check out this video to see what the new updates are…
- Our Team Zen Book Club begins on Wednesday, June 10th where we’ll be discussing Robin DiAngelo’s book White Fragility. Please join us even if you choose not to read the book – the discussion alone should be insightful. If you’re not up for reading the book, maybe you could check out some of these other resources:
- If you have any friends that you think might be a good fit for the Team- have them sign up for 1 free month by using the coupon code “friend”
- Have you subscribed to Pop Culturing? If not, it’d be a lot cooler if you did 🙂
- I’m facilitating a Tribe Men’s Group Virtual Meeting every Wednesday @ 7:30. Please forward this link to any guys who may be interested. https://tribemensgroup.org/events/ Or email me back for more info.
- Zen Talk # 91 is in the books. Click here to catch the video, or listen on the podcast app from your phone.
- Zen Talk #92 will be Thursday, June 4th. The link to all future zen talks will be this link– please save it somewhere so it’ll be easier for you to access. https://zoom.us/j/853203000
- To see future Zen Talks you can go either go to the events page on the Team Zen Facebook page, or go to https://zenparentingradio.com/what-we-do/events/
- Don’t forget to the get on the Team Zen facebook page (if so inclined)- wonderful questions/answers/resources/inspirations. Don’t be afraid to chime in to support another Team Member who is looking for some support.
- If you have any ideas for Cathy and I do improve your overall Team Zen experience, please let me know.
Keep on truckin’!!!
Discussion & Time Stamps
- :49 What’s going on this month
- 8:49 I’m afraid my 11 year old son is going to struggle through the summer.
- 25:05 I’m having a tough time speaking up when in the presence of racist comments
- 51:49 I sometimes feel guilty for being white
12:08:08 From Cathy Adams : who has a question and/or wants some support around something?
12:08:29 From Megan Edwards : I do
12:15:36 From Dawn Dockey : I have one too
12:30:10 From Courtney Hannon to Cathy Adams(Privately) : Would this summer maybe be the perfect environment for him to be more confident in himself as a less social child? Because he is able to focus on one friend. There may be opportunity there. Vs him feeling any sort of shame around ‘not having as many friends as other kids’
12:40:11 From Cathy Adams : who wants to go after dawn?
12:50:56 From Millie Hsi : I so appreciate everything you guys are saying. I’ve felt the same as Dawn (minus the pool party and overt racist comments flowing) but feel desperate to do something. I like how Todd said we can try to move 10% vs 100% or 90%. it doesn’t let me off the hook but gives me a goal that’s more achievable.
12:53:13 From Millie Hsi : LOVE that hose visual! Thank you!
12:56:44 From Jennifer : I have a comment
13:01:04 From Courtney Hannon to Cathy Adams(Privately) : I have to hop off and go back to work. Thanks so much!! See you guys next time.
13:05:55 From Megan Edwards : That struck me too on the podcast Jennifer. I googled this idea after and found this article and the author to be interesting: https://gmichelle.com/2019/02/04/why-self-care-is-considered-a-privilege/
13:10:55 From Millie Hsi : 10%, Jen! ❤️
13:12:59 From Jennifer : Thanks, Millie! And thank you to everyone for listening and supporting! xo