- We’re thinking of continuing to take a slightly deep dive in the next few zen talks in regards to a personality model called the enneagram. So if interested I offer you two resources:
- Zen Talk # 64 is in the books. Click here to catch the video, or listen on the podcast app from your phone.
- Zen Talk #65 is on Tuesday, September 17th @ 7:00 PM. We hope you can make it. If you cannot attend, but have a question- please email me and we’ll do our best to get to it.
- The link to all future zen talks will be this link– please save it somewhere so it’ll be easier for you to access. https://zoom.us/j/853203000
- To see future Zen Talks you can go either go to the events page on the Team Zen Facebook page, or go to https://zenparentingradio.com/what-we-do/events/
- Don’t forget to the get on the Team Zen facebook page (if so inclined)- wonderful questions/answers/resources/inspirations. Don’t be afraid to chime in to support another Team Member who is looking for some support.
- If you have any friends that you think might be a good fit for the Team- have them sign up and I’ll send you something out of our zen store– just let me know what you want. Just shoot me an email after they have joined the Team.
- If you have any ideas for Cathy and I do improve your overall Team Zen experience, please let me know.
Keep on truckin’!!!
Discussion & Time Stamps
0:00 Conference update
8:28 Mom feels like she needs to be in charge of entertaining her kid
17:15 Only children
23:18 Enneagram discussion
29:40 Enneagram- stress, average, & integration
40:00 Other enneagram observations
45:58 Daughter is doing some “magical” thinking
12:05:10 From Erin Kuhn-Krueger : 64
12:09:49 From sera.mattson : Everlane has nice sustainable soft tees in great colors too https://www.everlane.com/products/mens-air-crew-indigo?collection=mens-tees
12:16:28 From sera.mattson : I’m always struggling with feeling like a bad parent with my only child.
12:22:48 From sera.mattson : I am an only child and there is definitely a stigma about who we are.
12:23:31 From sera.mattson : A lot of people told me as a child that I was spoiled but that wasn’t true at all.
12:24:34 From sera.mattson : and yes, I managed to find things to do by myself. I do think it is a good idea to encourage an only child to find a hobby or hobbies that they enjoy. Boredom can contribute to creativity, but only if creativity is encouraged.
12:27:00 From sera.mattson : I think having all the toys depends more on if you have access to toys than being an only child. You may not have to share what you have, but if you don’t have much, then you don’t have much.
12:28:13 From sera.mattson : I can add more in the fb group too.
12:29:47 From Cathy Adams : does anybody want to go next? (enneagram or otherwise)?
12:30:18 From kelseyholt : oh i had something i wanted to say about taking the test and getting a number that may not feel quite right
12:30:33 From Cathy Adams : you’re next kelsey
12:32:30 From Cathy Adams : raise your hand if any of this needs more explaination
12:34:11 From sera.mattson : Can you discuss more about how to use this for acceptance and healing of ourselves? I am a 2 wing 1. I definitely think that I have spent my life feeling like who I am as a 2 is a problem. I have never found a way to be a “useful” helper, at least not in my career. I did lack self-knowledge (or do) but I think I have had a lot of who I am squashed out of me. I’ve been told I need a thicker skin all my life.
12:35:56 From sera.mattson : that’s fascinating, Kelsey.
12:36:03 From Kelly Copeland : +1
12:37:18 From Kelly Copeland : I’ve been getting that email since 2013 too!
12:37:23 From Cathy Adams : i’m 3, cathy’s a 2. anybody feel like sharing theirs?
12:37:34 From Kelly Copeland : Enneathought
12:37:54 From Kelly Copeland : I’m a 7 with 8 wing
12:38:11 From nicki : I have a question after this conversation, but don’t want to cut short this discussion
12:38:37 From Alyssa : I’m a 2 with a 3 wing
12:38:39 From Kelly Copeland : I googled enneagram stress point and found them
12:40:42 From Jacqueline : and I love how you can look up yours and your partners types and see how those types often relate to each other. so fascinating
12:41:54 From kelseyholt : I’m a 1 with 2 wing
12:43:12 From sera.mattson : I’m going to have to listen to the recording playback because there is a significant audio lag. Thank you so much for saying that, Cathy.
12:48:38 From kelseyholt : This book has a great chapter that explains stress (disintegration) and security (integration) points and how moving into another point is different than the healthy-unhealthy levels.
12:48:40 From kelseyholt : https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Enneagram-Psychological-Spiritual-Personality/dp/0553378201/ref=pd_sbs_14_1/143-4833034-1169027?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0553378201&pd_rd_r=403ccfc6-a6dd-4f8e-b0a9-5802e52eb7a7&pd_rd_w=Oynp7&pd_rd_wg=B7byh&pf_rd_p=43281256-7633-49c8-b909-7ffd7d8cb21e&pf_rd_r=9NDFJ1MCJ5BHXKD51HAB&psc=1&refRID=9NDFJ1MCJ5BHXKD51HAB
12:59:55 From Mimi Inahuazo : Habe a nice weekend team!!!! Adiós