We interview Dr. Shefali Tsabary the author of the The Conscious Parent (with a forward written by the Dalai Lama) and her new book Out of Control which questions why and how we discipline children.
Some of the issues we discuss with Dr. Shefali:
– What are the first steps we can take to become a more conscious parent?
– What prevents us from being the parent that we want to be?
– Why most discipline strategies don’t work. How parenting our children can help us heal our past wounds.
– How to release guilt when we recognize our parenting challenges are less about our children issues and more about our issues.
– Can our children be an instrument for our own personal growth?
– How do we release the power of natural consequences?
If you shop Amazon by going through our website first (there is an amazon link on the bottom right hand of our home page), a portion of your sale will help fund our Be U program. Thanks for supporting us!
Check out our new website & be sure to sign up to get all new podcast sent direct to your inbox @ ZPR.
We have arranged for a screening of the documentary “Girl Rising” in Lombard. Click here to purchase your tickets, they are going quickly.
Todd’s Men Adventure Retreat is February 28th through March 2nd. Please email @ [email protected] for details.
We would love to hear any comments from the show by sending us an email @ [email protected]
You can be sure to hear more by liking our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/ZenParenting