Cathy & Todd discuss how our children learn by watching how we live and how we react, and why owning our emotional responses creates connection and opportunity for learning. They discuss the difference between responding and reacting (especially when it comes to anger), why “do what I say, not what I do” doesn’t land well, and why comparing our childhood experiences is like apples and oranges.
Connect with us!
- Join Team Zen
- Guys- Complete a MenLiving Connect profile
- Subscribe to Cathy’s weekly Zen Parenting Moment
- Buy Cathy’s Book Zen Parenting: Caring for Ourselves and Our Children in an Unpredictable World
- Find everything ZPR on our Resources Page
This week’s sponsor(s):
- Stillwater and Koo Save the World Children’s Book
- Pinna is the only audio on-demand streaming service for kids 3-12! Enter the coupon code “ZPR” for one year of Pinna for 50% off
- Avid Co DuPage County Area Decorating, Painting, Remodeling by Avid Co includes kitchens, basements, bathrooms, flooring, tiling, fire and flood restoration.
- MenLiving – A virtual and in-person community of guys connecting deeply and living fully. No requirements, no creeds, no gurus, no judgements
- Todd Adams Life & Leadership Coaching for Guys
11:24 Zen Parenting Moment
14:40 Emotions- healthy or unhealthy?
23:13 Done. Not using busyness as an excuse
31:05 Stillwater and Koo Save the World Children’s Book
35:28 Serenity prayer and the dark days of parenting
47:10 Todd’s money baggage