Cathy and Todd discuss how to help our kids discover intrinsic motivation (internally motivated because it feels good and right) instead of extrinsic motivation (external rewards such as grades, praise, fame). They also discuss MenConnect, a solution to the epidemic of lonely men, and how to make mornings calmer and more collaborative.
Connect with us!
- Join Team Zen
- Guys- Complete a MenLiving Connect profile
- Subscribe to Cathy’s weekly Zen Parenting Moment
- Buy Cathy’s Book Zen Parenting: Caring for Ourselves and Our Children in an Unpredictable World
- Find everything ZPR on our Resources Page
This week’s sponsor(s):
- Pinna is the only audio on-demand streaming service for kids 3-12! Enter the coupon code “ZPR” for one year of Pinna for 50% off
- Avid Co DuPage County Area Decorating, Painting, Remodeling by Avid Co includes kitchens, basements, bathrooms, flooring, tiling, fire and flood restoration.
- MenLiving – A virtual and in-person community of guys connecting deeply and living fully. No requirements, no creeds, no gurus, no judgements
- Todd Adams Life & Leadership Coaching for Guys
8:45 Apologize for crying
13:47 MenLiving Connect
17:53 Calm mornings
21:52 Busy or not busy?
30:04 Pinna is the only audio on-demand streaming service for kids 3-12! Enter the coupon code “ZPR” for one year of Pinna for 50% off
55:42 Night Ranger