Cathy and Todd discuss how “loading the language” and using jargon can be purposeful in building community, but can also veer toward excluding and feeling more “special” than others. They discuss how certain wellness communities, organizations, and workout facilities can feel “cult-ish” and how personal agency and individual integrity are essential in staying grounded.
More from Cathy & Todd:
- Preorder Cathy’s Zen Parenting Book – coming 2/22!
- Subscribe to Cathy’s Zen Parenting Moment – your inbox needs more helpful & hopeful moments.
- Join Team Zen – 1st month free with coupon code “friend”
- Learn more about MenLiving
- Learn more about Todd’s one-on-one Coaching for Guys
- Subscribe to the Pop Culturing podcast – Cathy and Todd discuss pop culture from a self-aware and Gen X perspective.
This week’s sponsors:
- Cognisprings designs and sells children puzzles, activity kits, board games, books and many more intended to spark the love of learning, by tapping into children’s curiosity about the world around them.
- Avid Co DuPage County Area Decorating, Painting, Remodeling by Avid Co includes kitchens, basements, bathrooms, flooring, tiling, fire and flood restoration.
This week’s resources:
- We Choose Our Cults Everyday – The Atlantic
- The Dark Side of Wellness – The Guardian
- Conspirituality Podcast
- A Little Bit Culty Podcast
- Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults & Abusive Relationships
30:39 Cognisprings designs and sells children puzzles, activity kits, board games, books and many more intended to spark the love of learning, by tapping into children’s curiosity about the world around them.