Todd and Cathy discuss The Gentle Warrior’s Manifesto to Reduce Busyness from Courtney Carver’s book, Soulful Simplicity, and they discuss a Freakonomic’s podcast titled After the Glass Ceiling, A Glass Cliff, about why only 5% of Fortune 500 companies are run by women. They share why men and women eat Doritos differently, why we need to linger longer, and why Cathy loves Lionel Richie.
5:20 Are women more likely to get a CEO job when the firm is in trouble?
9:12 A hypothesis of why this happens (the mother complex)
14:22 Do men and women eat Doritos differently?
23:59 Kind Snacks Partnership– To pick up your free sample box go to http://kindsnacks.com/zen
25:00 HealthIQ Life Insurance– To see if you qualify and get your free quote today healthiq.com/zen
27:10 Lionel Richie discussion
- I will not say yes when my heart says no.
- I will measure more by what’s in my heart and less by what’s crossed off my list.
- I will prioritize love and health.
- I will ask for help.
- I will work with people who want my best, not my busiest.
- I will ask better questions so we don’t have to talk about how busy we are.
- I will not let my phone run my life.
- I will trade my FOMO for JOMO.
- I will create space for solitude.
- I will linger longer.