In the first half of the show we discuss ideas a blog written by Dr. Mark Goulston on how to increase the happiness of your “couplehood” The 10 habits discussed:
1. Go to bed at the same time
2. Cultivate common interests
3. Walk hand in hand or side by side
4. Make trust and forgiveness your default
5. Focus more on what your partner does right than what he or she does wrong
6. Hug each other as soon as you see each other after work
7. Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” every morning
8. Say “Good night” every night, regardless of how you feel
9. Do a “weather” check during the day
10. Be proud to be seen with your partner
The second half of the show we discuss a blog written by Kate Hunter titled ” The Age Your Kids Need You Around The Most” Many times parents tend to take a less active role of parenting during the pre-adolecent stage as children begin to spread their wings. Many experts believe this is the time when they need us the most.
Todd also submits two entries into the Tournament of Bad- Golden Globes & the phrase “Happy Wife, Happy Life”
Resources discussed in this week’s show:
Dr. Mark Goulston’s blog 10 Habits of Happy Couples
Kate Hunter’s blog “The Age Your Kids Need You Around The Most”
Hunter Clark’s interview with Cathy on her “Yoga Stories” podcast
Todd’s first blog “11 Mistakes Your marriage Needs You To Stop Making”
HeartMath’s Power Of The Heart’s Electromagnetic Field
Previous ZPR podcast which discussed the relationship b/w the heart and the brain “Respect for The Scarecrow & The Tin Man”
If you shop Amazon by going through our website first (there is an amazon link on the bottom right hand of our home page), a portion of your sale will help fund our Be U program. Thanks for supporting us!
Check out our new website & be sure to sign up to get all new podcast sent direct to your inbox @ ZPR.
We have arranged for a screening of the documentary “Girl Rising” in Lombard. Click here to purchase your tickets, they are going quickly.
Todd’s Men Adventure Retreat is February 28th through March 2nd. Please email @ firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We would love to hear any comments from the show by sending us an email @ email@example.com
You can be sure to hear more by liking our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/ZenParenting