Is there a difference between a happy life and a meaningful life? We explore the subtle differences and why this understanding can change your life. We discuss a blog by Jed Diamond (Founder of the health program “Men Alive”) titled How the Science of a Meaningful Life Can Help Us Live Joyfully and Well:
- Happy people satisfy their wants and needs, but that seems largely irrelevant to a meaningful life.
- Happiness involves being focused on the present, whereas meaningfulness involves thinking more about the past, present, and future—and the relationship between them.
- Meaningfulness is derived from giving to other people; happiness comes from what they give to you.
- Meaningful lives involve stress and challenges.
- Self-expression is important to meaning but not happiness.
In a recent New York Magazine article they summarize a study that concludes Men Would Rather Give Themselves Electric Shocks Than Sit Alone With Their Thoughts. We discuss why we’re so uncomfortable with our minds.
In this week’s Hit ‘N Run Topic we discuss the new development regarding Archie’s Comic Digest.
Come see us @ Green Fair on the Fox in Batavia, IL on Saturday, August 9th from 9:00-3:00 @ Peg Bond Center 151 N Island Ave
Todd has a few spots opening for his Men’s Group. Email me @ email@example.com
Tree of Life Chiropractic Care have some interesting workshops planned. An outline can be found here.
If you shop Amazon by going through our website first (there is an amazon link on the bottom right hand of our home page), a portion of your sale will help fund our Be U program. Thanks for supporting us!
Check out our new website & be sure to sign up to get all new podcast sent direct to your inbox @ ZPR.
We would love to hear any comments from the show by sending us an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
You can be sure to hear more by liking our Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/ZenParenting
How important is a good smile? Just ask our new partner John J Kelly DDS. They are located on the northwest side of Chicago and will meet all of your family’s dental needs.
Painting or remodeling? Don’t forget about our parnter Avid Co.