What does it mean to “succeed”? To us it means self awareness, connection to the whole, and sharing your gifts and talents. On this show we share a few ways to help your child find greater success.
1) (6:10) Send them to overnight camp. Benefits-
- Give your child a sense of independence that is hard to duplicate in their normal day to day lives.
- It’s a safe setting
- They can “shed” their old selves and be who they are
- There is less focus on appearance
- It’s a place where children can feel grounded
- They connect with nature
- Give them a different set of social circles to count on when one is not going well
2) (17:35) Let your child be sad even when it doesn’t make sense
- Todd tells a story of Camryn feeling homesick even though
- Cathy’s blog- The three myths about introverts
3) (23:20) “Influence” who your child is friends with
- Decide if a child/group either drain or fills your child up
- The delicate balance between prohibiting and discouraging certain friendships
- Understanding/connecting with other parents
4) Other Random Topics
- (33:09) Friday the 13th discussion
- (37:28) Resource of the week www.Kids-in-mind.com Evaluator of movies for kids
- (39:35) Tournament of Bad
Reverend Ed Bacon coming to speak @ Dominican University on Thursday, October 3rd
Give us a review on iTunes and receive both of Cathy’s books for 1/2 off by sending us an email.
We would love to hear any comments from the show by sending us an email @ email@example.com
You can be sure to hear more by liking our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/ZenParenting
You can subscribe to Cathy’s blog by going to http://www.chicagonow.com/self-aware-parent/
Thank you for listening!!!